Couple of Newbie questions

Last Updated:

1. ElAguila

ElAguila Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got the hero up and running and now I am trying to get over the learning curve. I do have a couple of questions. Is there an application for creating documents? QuickOffice only gives me an option to open or search. Also can the hero use wma files for ringtones or do they need to be mp3's? Can they be placed in a ringtones folder on the sd card? Does the voice dial work through the bluetooth headset?

Advertisement
  2. breon

breon Member

create these folders...

/sdcard/media/audio/alarms/
    /sdcard/media/audio/notifications/
    /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones/

you can stuff MP3, OGG or MIDI files in there to be able to use them. There are plenty of free options to convert Windows Media files to one of the supported types.

3. ElAguila

Thanks.

4. TsiTravis

TsiTravis Member

It should be noted that another member here removed their SD card, after storing the ringtones on it, and missed several calls over a period of time because the phone could not locate the sound file.

So if you decide to place them on the SD card, be certain you do not remove it without taking that into account.

5. ElAguila

Know of a good program that will allow me to access a shared folder on my windows pc? I tried EStrong but when I selected remote it wanted an smb server which I don't have. I have a windows 7 pc with a shared folder I would like to be able to access the files from the hero.