• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Couple of odd problems I'm having.

soloxplorer

Lurker
Nov 22, 2012
Sorry for the crappy title, but this is a two-part problem.

Device is a Samsung Galaxy Blaze, model SGH-T769 running Android 2.3.6

I've mostly just been dealing with it, but now it is getting annoying. For the last several months my phone has decided it will no longer receive media messages (such as pictures via text message) while connected over a wifi. Once I get onto the 4g network it'll download with no issues, it's only over wifi that I have this problem. Not sure where to start looking to diagnose this since my searching shows people having the opposite problem.

The other issue is the phone will quite randomly decide to "freeze" where I cannot type anything into a message box. Everything else works just fine, it's the ability to send a text, email, do a search, etc that is hindered. I have a live wallpaper, so as soon as it no longer moves I know I won't be typing anything in. Tried other wallpapers as well (live or otherwise) and the issue remains.

Not sure where to start with these.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones