• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Couple of problems I've encountered

t4sporter

Lurker
Jul 26, 2010
Has anyone found their screen goes blank when receiving a call? It carries on ringing, but the screen flashes on and off, making it impossible to pick up a call straight away - you have to wait til it decides to show you the buttons again!

Pretty frustrating.

Also, when setting the phone up it asked me if I wanted to import Facebook contacts, which I OK'd... now decided this was a bad move as I have all these contacts who I will never want to call (and can't anyway, only e-mail) clogging the whole thing up. I know you can filter contacts, but actually I really just want to remove them completely. Can't find a way of managing this without doing them one by one though..

All advice gratefully received.

Oh yeah, and if anyone has any must-have apps that make life with a Streak that bit easier, please tell me! I'm wondering about application managers?

(I spent a long time messing around with the Google and TouchDown calendars and have finally come to the conclusion that the Google calendar with the cutomised CalWidget is the best solution, but thats all I can offer advice-wise so far! )

Anna

Hey Anna

I havent had that phonecall problem myself you didnt accidentally cover the proximity sensor when picking it up to answer the call did you?

If you go into settings. then partner services. then facebook you can turn off address book synch in there which should remove them from the contacts list.

As for useful apps..... where to begin. This is a small list of ones I use. Im sure others have their favourites.

Quick settings - customisable access to all settings quickly.
advanced task manager - to kill off unwanted apps.
astro file manager - file manager
3g watch dog - to manage my data usage.
mini info - displays memory and battery info as widget and more detailed info
facebook - the dell widget is terrible the default facebook apps alot better
beautiful widgets - does alot of nifty things. well worth a purchase. combined clock weather calendar.
handcent sms - great sms app
doubletwist - music player and syncer for the pc and your phone.

theres tons of others I could list but those are my essentials.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones