couple of Q's

Last Updated:

1. tymbian

tymbian Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've recently started using handcent SMS which I think is better than the stock messaging thingh but whenever I get a message I always get 2 envelopes in the Notification-bar ( 1 for handcent the other for the other. ) How do I stop this happening so that i only get one text in Handcent?

Also, I used to get the message " mount as disk drive, Pc sync, charge only etc upon connecting my desire to my mac but today I have connected my Desire to my PC and these options are not showing up, thus I am unable to mount as a disk-drive, therefore I cannot transfer pictures etc to my PC. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Open the stock message app and Menu > Settings > Received Notification > untick. You will then only receive Handcent notifications.

Your second question: on any Homescreen, do Menu > Settings > Connect to PC. Set the default connection type to "Disk Drive" and tick "Ask Me" so it gives you the choice every time to connect your USB cable.

tymbian likes this.
  3. smokinmonkey

smokinmonkey Well-Known Member

FAQ

follow those instructions ^

for the other problem go to settings connect to PC and tick ask me

:)

tymbian likes this.
  4. tymbian

tymbian Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys. Handcent is now my only sms program.

As for the other........I had to turn the phone off and restart it as the USB connection wasn't showing up on the task bar or my phone on the PC.