Support Couple of questions about the Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Leudast, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Leudast

Leudast Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Okay, so there are a few things I can't figure out when working with my DInc.

First: How do I make it not flash the LED light or play a notification sound when I get email? I already went to Settings>Sound & Display>Notification Flash, and turned off the email one, but it still flashes my LED every time I have one. Also is there a way to turn off the notification sounds for email as well?

Second: Is there an app that lets you use the camera LED for a flashlight? Droidlight doesn't work on the DInc.

And Third: This isn't really a huge deal, but when sending an SMS, when I have the landscape keyboard out, I have to exit that before I can press the send button. Any keyboards, or other messaging systems that allow me to send it while i still have the keyboard up? Its not a huge deal, but I got so used to it with my MyTouch.

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator
    Northern Ky
    led notification flash is in Sounds and display, all the way at the bottom, got my yahoo mail set to not make a sound but i dont sync my gmail so not sure if/how you can turn sound off for that.
    no idea on your 3rd ?

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    If u want different notification sounds for text and email, use a 3rd party messaging app and set your sms/mms tone there. Then go to settings > sounds & display > notification sound and use that for emails.

There is one paid led flashlight app that I'm aware of for non rooted incs but last i heard its kinda glitchy and I can't remember the name.

When sending a message in landscape with the stock keyboard, press the menu button, then send.

4. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Tampa, Florida
    Touch the Menu soft key, you will see Send there!