Couple of questions. New Incredible user.Support

Last Updated:

1. shpuntik

shpuntik Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

Really quick...

1. Not sure if this is normal or not but was wondering if there is a workaround... I can't search in the Address Book (People app). If I'm in the A section of the alphabet and want to find a guy named Phillip, I have to scroll all the way down to P. Tried every way possible to even get a Search box but can't find it. My phone is connected to my hosted exchange via Exchange Activesync and everything else works great.

2. I rarely ever get the 3G logo to pop up and my service indicator bar is all over the place, up and down all the time. Never stays at full signal, even in the heart of Manhattan, where my former Blackberry had a full signal indicator all the time.

Advertisement
  2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

1. If I want to search for contacts that way, I open the dialer and start to type the name or number and when it comes up, I just hit the view contact button. Alternatively, when you bring up the address book, on the right of the screen a slider appears that goes letter by letter, rather than continuous thumb flicks.

2. Don't worry about bars. Go to menu>settings>about phone>network. If you're somewhere in the -80's, you're fine.

3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

4. xamourtoujours

xamourtoujours Member

1. You should be able go go into People and then once your contacts are up, click the search button (the magnifying glass down by the home, menu and back buttons) and this will allow you to search through contacts.

I was having the same issue and it was driving me crazy until I realized this.

sully1 likes this.