Couple of questions - new to htc & android

Last Updated:

1. hippolump

hippolump New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, just a few things you might be able to help me with...

1. Does the alarm not work if the phone is switched off? Not keen on leaving it switched on every night :confused:

2. Is there a way of syncing all phone/ facebook contacts in one go? I've worked out how to do one at a time but it's a bit tedious

3. Can you remove apps/ widgets that were pre installed? I don't see the point in having a clock and a desk clock. I only need one!

4. Any recommendations for games/ apps would be greatly appreciated. I've got a few already but am mostly just messing about.
    Thanks for your help! :p

Advertisement
  2. sheepforwheat

sheepforwheat Well-Known Member

1. doubt it
    2. it will atuomatically sync your google contacts if you have a google account with gmail. go to google.com/contacts make your changes there, and it will automatically sync over to the phone
    3. you can remove preinstalled apps, but you need to have root access on your phone. Also known as "rooting" or "getting root". there is a lot to be learned here.
    4. I like a game called Alchemy. It's a simple puzzle game.

3. hippolump

hippolump New Member This Topic's Starter

hey, thanks for the reply. this alarm thing is totally stupid, i can't believe the phone needs to be left on! i've heard a bit about rooting but i'll get my techy mate to help with that, i don't trust myself! that alchemy game is pretty cool, but do you need to buy the bundle things to get everything? i've got up to about 30 & now i'm stuck. thanks for the tips :)

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

4. Emulators are pretty cool. Look out for SNESOID and GENESOID.