Couple of questions

Last Updated:

1. mercurystar999

mercurystar999 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Am i able to change the inbuilt dictionary as i've added words that shouldn't have and now it is starting to choose them.

I have a hotmail programme and a gmail one. Am i able to amalgamate them into one programme. They also do not seem to get email unless i manually refresh. I have gone into settings but it seems to be ok in there regadring when and how often i want it updated.

Battery seems to be a real stinker, i'm getting roughly 7-8 hours before it's telling me to recharge. No live scenes, wifi off anything i'm missing?

I'm on 3 how do i check to see if i can update to 2.2?

Thanks Neil

Advertisement
  2. charlies99

charlies99 Well-Known Member

Dictionary Delete - Settings / Language & Keyboard / Touch input / User Dictionary. Tick the cross next to the word(s) you want to delete !

mercurystar999 likes this.
  3. mercurystar999

My old phone, an E71 had an excellent email programme. It seemed to be instant regarding incoming mail plus i had both the gmail and hotmail accounts synced up to it. Why does my desire not have the email programme as good or is it something i have done?

4. mercurystar999

Anybody please?

5. el_caro

el_caro Active Member

Cannot comment about hotmail accounts but my gmail account syncs without any dramas whatsoever. I do not use the google calendar. I do all contact changes in gmail on the pc and then they sync to the Desire without problem. Mail comes through almost instantly and I can delete at either end. I have sent a copy of my Outlook POP mail to gmail so I can get that as well on the Desire.
    I sync my calendar from Outlook 2007 doing all the changes on the pc and connecting the phone to the pc with the usb - never a problem.

6. mercurystar999

The gmail account that i have and it's working perfect. Is there a way of forwarding the hotmail emails to the gmail accounts?

7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

yes, Google it. theres a trick you can do to set hotmail up for sms notifications which will allow you to forward from hotmail. ill find a link when I'm home...

edit -here it is

lesterchan.net/blog/2009/02/05/forward-hotmail-to-gmail/

8. mercurystar999

Thanks, now have it being forwarded to gmail and its pretty much instantly to the phone.