Couple of QuestionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. pmd5700

pmd5700 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a couple of questions about notifications on the Captivate.

1) My ringer, when someone calls me, starts off quiet for a few seconds then goes to full volume. The ringtone I have doesn't do that by itself, it must be a setting. Is there a way to make it ring full volume as soon as someone calls me?

2) Is there a way to make the phone vibrate when receving a text message either while the phone is on vibrate or on normal volume.

Thanks for you help.

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

First, welcome!

Normal Samsung behavior. Can't be modified...but...this is your lucky day. Here's a way to compensate for the first, low ring:

Extending Ring Time - CapFAQ

I don't text, so another member will need to reply to question 2.

Ravenspine and pmd5700 like this.
  3. pmd5700

I'm not sure how I missed your reply, but thanks. I figured out the texting issue. However, I don't think your answer is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't want to make the phone ring longer, I just want it to ring loud as soon as someone calls instead of ringing quiet for a couple of seconds then ringing loud.

Thanks!

4. ggarland

ggarland Active Member

I agree. I have all of my volume settings at the highest level, and I can barely hear the phone when it rings.
    The same goes for almost anything that makes sound ... music, videos, what ever. The only thing that has a decent volume, and it is wide open, is the GPS.
    Is there anything that can be done to get more volume?

5. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

I understood your dilemma as the question has been asked before. There are two operative words within my original reply..."can't" and "compensate."

It can't ring loudly as soon as someone calls. You can live with that, or...you can compensate for the design's shortcoming by having the ring cycle extended, thereby giving you more time to answer as the low first ring makes it a challenge to respond to the incoming call in a timely manner.

So, your options are live with the design flaw or make the answering experience "more better."

6. pmd5700

Ahhh, I understand. Thanks.

7. andrzewi

andrzewi Well-Known Member

8. Ravenspine

Ravenspine New Member

i was wondering if there was a way to find the mp3 file of the default ring tone 'classic bell' and using some audio program add in 3 seconds of blank lead in time so that when the call comes in, theres no sound for it to start quiet. by the time the volume gets louder it would start where your ring tone would have started but at full volume.

this make any sense to anyone? its hard to explain what i mean but the location of the default ring tones would be a big help, i could test this theory out

thanks

edit: 3 referring to however many seconds the default quiet sound is before the full volume ring

found it