Couple of questionsSupport

1. Warlock

Warlock Well-Known Member

I have a Moment, and I've been sitting on my upgrade for over a month(10-1) waiting on a non 4G phone to interest me.

My Moment finally pissed me off with it's flaky GPS, data lockup and such. How is the GPS working on this phone? Have any of you experienced any issues with it?

My only hold backs are the lack of flash for the camera(I use MomentFlash a lot) and the lack of keyboard(I could deal with this if I can find a version of Swype or something similar). These are both minor issues and can be overlooked if the phone is worth it...

What's your take on this phone? Any glitches that I need to be concerned about?

TIA
    Warlock

Advertisement
  2. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

I love it. The only problem I have is the SD card problem, it unmounts and mounts the card by itself, and hopefully LG will make an update for this. Keyboard vs no keyboard, that is preference. The things I don't care for is the no flash (either apparently) and no LED notification light. Other than that this is my favorite Android phone yet. :)
  3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

This phone runs circles around every other non 4G phone on Sprint.
  4. vapore0n

vapore0n Active Member

I got it yesterday. The GPS works perfectly. The Nav app is awesome too.
  5. bfready

bfready Active Member

The GPS, compass and accelerometer all work fine.

I have the SD card issue too, however. I guess it's a bug that can be fixed through software...

It's a pretty good phone though, especially for the price.
  6. SandersJC64

SandersJC64 Well-Known Member

I, too came from the Moment, and I couldn't be happier. Well, yeah I could if there was camera flash, but still, it's a small price to pay for such a nice phone that had such a small price to pay (got it free at RS during the FB promo). As for the keyboard, I hardly ever used the slide out keyboard on my Moment. I use Swiftkey as my keyboard and love it, especially the way it learns to predict text. I haven't had the SD card issue, but I am using the SD card from my Moment. I have read that it may be more of a problem with the cards that ship with the phone.
  7. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

I have the SD card problem and I used the card from my Hero. Check out my poll I posted. Maybe we can figure it out.
  8. SandersJC64

SandersJC64 Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that just after making my post. :eek: FWIW, I put the LG's card in the Moment I gave my wife and so far it's giving her no problems. I also upgraded my stepson's line to the Optimus and he's using the included card, and thus far he's reported no issues.