Couple Of Questions...General

Last Updated:

1. Trebek

Trebek New Member This Topic's Starter

Being new to the whole Android thang, I just want to ask a few (ok

Advertisement
  2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

* How are people finding the camera? Alright? Crap? Fine? I take a fair few pics and love how well pictures turn out on my N95. How fast does it actually TAKE the photo? Is there much lag or is it pretty spot on?

To be honest, there is some lag in photos, it's very basic - a free app called "snapphoto" adds a bunch of features and reduces this lag, somewhat.

* How much data does everyone use? I use about 80MB / month on my N95 just looking up email/web/google maps etc, how much extra should I expect having google talk on most of the time and doing a fair amount of browsing a day? Will 500MB be enough?

I'm a low to medium user and my lastest bill says I used 155 megs last month. I don't use google talk, but I keep my gmail/calendar/contacts synced, have twitters coming in via twidroid, check the market often, and update my status on facebook a lot.

* How

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Great answers "Punk" spot on !!!

I dont remember the name of the app put there is one that can geotag photos .... and even one "GeoGraffiti" that was just published that you can leave your voice message as a record so others can listen to and benefit from your expeirences at that location ...
    I haven't used it yet, but it sounds very interesting ...

4. Trebek

Trebek New Member This Topic's Starter

@punkzanyj

Wow, thanks for answering most of my nitty questions man. Can anyone else fill in the few odd ones that he left out at all?

* How fast is the copying speed to/from the microSD card? I know this can depend on your PC or the type of microSD card but if someone could post some average read/write times I

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

LIke i said in my post above .... I think there is an app for geotagging photos....
    but it should go without saying that you will need gps on for any app to have the ability to place a geotag.... So inside photos and gps (off) means that no geotag ...

6. ChilledMatt

ChilledMatt Well-Known Member

This can be achieved with 3rd party app GPS Status

I must say I think you will be bitterly dissapointed with the G1 camera which is IMO virtually unusable unless your subject is prepared to be very still under a good light source.

7. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

This, and other camera phones work best on a bright day in broad daylight. part of the issue is the stability check that can be disabled by snap photo