Couple of Questions.General

Last Updated:

1. htownjoz

htownjoz Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys was wondering if someone here could be able to help me out with some questions.

Im getting a HTC Eris OS 1.5 in not getting it through Verizon i plan to flash to Cricket. I know i can get talk/ text/ mms/ Wap. I was wondering if it was possible to have it connect to Google Maps and Market as i heard it may not be possible. Any fix yet? Any solutions?

Also i want to upgrade the OS to 2.1 since i dont have Verizon would it be best i upgrade it myself by placing the Zip in to SD Card and updating through there.

Would updating the OS interfere wit it being flashed to Cricket? Which should i do first? OS upgrade or Flash to Cricket?

Thanks ahead i cant wait to get my phone jus reading through these post ive gained alot of info.

Advertisement
  2. htownjoz

htownjoz Member This Topic's Starter

Ok right after i posted this i also realized i can have the phone rooted and have it done fully through there, i would love to do this but i doubt i would be able to do it myself, i really do hope in not out of line and wont get upset if post gets edited, but anyone know anyone in Houston, Tx who might be able to root and have cricket wireless fully working on it for me......:D

Also any additional info about the OS update would be awesome