Couple of strange issues?

Last Updated:

1. mikebeecham

mikebeecham Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there,

I've noticed over the last couple of days some strange goings-on, and wondered if anyone had similiar...

1) I can press a button to 'wake' up the phone to the lock screen, but I may have to press a button 2 or 3 times to wake the phone up...it seems like it's not waking up correctly and on the first button press.

2) Twitter and other notifications 'sometimes' dont happen until I unlock the screen...this COULD be coincidence, but I thought I would throw it out for people.

3) I didnt get a voicemail given on Friday until today, which appeared as a result of me switching off my phone and switching it back on. has anyone else heard of this???

4) I cant figure out a way to stop apps from starting on bootup, such as peep? I use twidroid, so dont need two apps running of the same ilk?? Any help here?

Thanks in advance guys.

Advertisement
  2. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

1) Pressing "MENU" will exit the lock screen without needing you to touch the screen.

2)It's a slight reload issue. Peeps will appear in the notification bar several seconds before the widget displays this data (Same for other apps)

3)If you clear a voicemail without actually listeing to it, then it will keep popping back up until you do, I assume you accidentaly cleared the notification bar without seeing voicemail first.

4)No idea about this one.

Hope I've been of help.

3. mikebeecham

mikebeecham Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi G8D,

Thanks for the reply which, in part, does help to explain things. With regards to the voicemail issue, I'm more concerned...

The voicemail was left on Friday, and because it's a new phone I'm all over it. As soon as a notification comes in I like to see what it is. I never saw this voicemail icon until today. Coupled with the fact that the phone has been on for days now, and the first time I see this is after a reboot alerts me to something worrying??

Am I being paranoid here?

4. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Little bit.

Have you ever pressed the "Clear Notifications" button?