• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Couple of Verizon questions

jd34376

Jun 30, 2010
1. Will I actually save any money by ordering online vs. in-store? Other than just avoiding the MIR. The lady in the store said a 1 year contract would be around 310 total after MIR.

2. I'm moving to Verizon from an iPhone, anyone know what will happen to my iPhone once the number is ported. I'm going to sell it to a friend so he can use it as an iPod. Is there anything I need to do to it, or will it just keep working normally, without pulling any data from cell service?

3. I'm almost convinced I'll be doing a 1-year contract, but just to be clear. If I do a 2-year with a plan of the lowest minutes (49.99 I think) and data (29.99) and using google voice for texting (I don't text that much anyway). Will that plan qualify me for a yearly update or will I have to wait 20 months? It's an individual plan.

2. I'm moving to Verizon from an iPhone, anyone know what will happen to my iPhone once the number is ported. I'm going to sell it to a friend so he can use it as an iPod. Is there anything I need to do to it, or will it just keep working normally, without pulling any data from cell service?

Once your number is ported, your iPhone will no longer be active on AT&T, but you can still use it for everything except for voice and data over AT&T. So you can still use it via WIFI and it basically becomes an iPod Touch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones