Couple of Verizon questions

Last Updated:

1. jd34376

jd34376 Member This Topic's Starter

1. Will I actually save any money by ordering online vs. in-store? Other than just avoiding the MIR. The lady in the store said a 1 year contract would be around 310 total after MIR.

2. I'm moving to Verizon from an iPhone, anyone know what will happen to my iPhone once the number is ported. I'm going to sell it to a friend so he can use it as an iPod. Is there anything I need to do to it, or will it just keep working normally, without pulling any data from cell service?

3. I'm almost convinced I'll be doing a 1-year contract, but just to be clear. If I do a 2-year with a plan of the lowest minutes (49.99 I think) and data (29.99) and using google voice for texting (I don't text that much anyway). Will that plan qualify me for a yearly update or will I have to wait 20 months? It's an individual plan.

Advertisement
  2. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

Yes
    it'll just de-activate from the network
    20 months

3. xander66

xander66 Well-Known Member

I actually think you'd qualify for an annual upgrade. I believe the bottom line is $45 a month but I'd check to be safe.

4. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member

Once your number is ported, your iPhone will no longer be active on AT&T, but you can still use it for everything except for voice and data over AT&T. So you can still use it via WIFI and it basically becomes an iPod Touch.

5. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

What do I have to do to get a new phone with Annual Upgrade?

You must be registered for My Verizon, be on a calling plan of $49.99 or higher and have completed at least 1 year of a 2-year contract and agree to renew for an additional 2 years in order to get a new phone at a promotional price. It

6. jd34376

jd34376 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys.