• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Couple Questions about Evo use *Email/app help*

Is there any way to get emails on my gmail to "fit to screen" I hate having to scroll to the sides for every email

Good question, I never thought about that, but it is annoying. I havent heard of any way yet.

Can I get rid of stock apps like the Gallery, Peep ? (using that froyo gallery and I hate seeing 2 apps for the gallery)

The only way is to root and run a custom ROM.

Upvote 0
Personally, I strictly use Mail, and get my Gmail there and simply turn off the Gmail app notifications - it's much more flexible and seems to do just about everything better except for instant notifications - the Mail app polls instead. You can define your polling frequency and change it for your peak/off-peak hours that you can also define and you can do that independently for each of your accounts that Mail manages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones