1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Couple questions about marketplace

Last Updated:

1. bytal

bytal Member This Topic's Starter

I havn't fiddled with my phone too much yet and I hope these arn't stupid questions. But theres a billion lite and demo applications, but not a single full version to be found to buy on the market. How do I buy a full app. And how can I comment on applications? I can read everyone else's comments and reviews but I don't seem to have an opportunity to give my own

Advertisement
  2. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. Order of popularity is based on how many downloads there are of a game not how good it is. Obviously many many more people are going to download the free one then the paid one.

Two ways around finding the paid for app.

1) In Market, in either the App or Games list (when you can see hte list of apps/downloads), press Menu - Change View and you can choose to just list the paid items and find your item there.

2) If there is a game/app you like and you want to pay for it, find the free/lite version and scroll down to "View More Applications" and this lists all apps by that developer, including the paid versions.

To leave comments, in Market click My Downloads, select the item you want, then you can give it how many stars you want and once you have rated it an option appears under your stars to Post a Comment.

Hope that helps.

3. soda

soda Active Member

Well, it really depends on your firmware. The 1.5 Market app is different from the latest market app that was included in 1.6. I'm pretty sure the same functionality is there, but it's easier to navigate through options and things through the new one. But also, if you try a lite or demo that you like, click on the demo in the market and you should see in it's description where to get the full version. Also, in the demo itself, say if it were a game, there is usually a button on the main menu of the game that urges you to buy the full version. Hope it helped man :D

Also, if you dont know what firmware you are running, or want to get to the latest, just ask :cool:

4. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

@Bytal: Where in the world are you located? Not all countries have access to paid apps yet.

5. bytal

bytal Member This Topic's Starter

I'm in Canada using rogers. I'm pretty sure I've looked under developers other apps and couldn't find full apps. Even searched for them and couldn't find them. Thanks for the replies

6. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi Bytal :)

paid apps are currently not available in Canada :(

Carl C ;)