Couple questions about the phone

Last Updated:

1. GrgeBR

GrgeBR Member This Topic's Starter

I lost my phone recently and am looking into an android phone.

I was first definitely set on the EVE for the Divx, 3.5mm jack and the FM radio but after looking at the models in the store, I'm starting to reconsider. Can someone clarify somethings for me?

The phone seems very flimsy when opening the keyboard, if feels like i can easily ripoff the screen from the keyboard. It feels very none durable, am i wrong or is it just the store model?

The middle button I'm still confused about, is it like the BB trackpad or just a Enter Button?

The Home and Esc buttons next to it seem like a simply pass over would trigger them, do they have any 'press in' to them, was it just the model?

Advertisement
  2. britbloke

britbloke Well-Known Member

I think there's a good solid feel to the keyboard slide, not flimsy at all. The store demo has probably been abused by hundreds of customers sliding the keyboard in and out (I know, I do it myself to the qwerty's!). Google a review for the GW620 and you'll see a lot of praise for the keyboard.

Yup, the middle button is your Enter / Select key. There's no trackpad functionality.

Those Back and Home buttons are not clickable and are very sensitive to touch. If you're clumsy, you will be hitting those regularly!

3. drowned.rat

drowned.rat Active Member

1. I felt the same way about the store model and really didn't like even the screen...however, it is the display model I think. My eve doesn't seem flimsy at all and the screen is nice

2. The middle button is not a track ball or virtual track ball. It is merely a button to allow you to look at the settings/etc for what ever you are looking at at the time. Consider it a right mouse click on a desktop icon. It doesn't select the icon but gets into its options.

3. The 2 touch keps are very sensitive, and I have seen coments by others that they are too sensitive. I don't find them that bad, BUT with the menu key right between them it is annoying cause you do occasionlly touch one and get brought out of the app.

4. GrgeBR

Wierd, I asked the Rogers rep and he said it's a trackpad. So basically it has the same functionality as the menu button on the Dream?

5. GrgeBR

Oh...another question...
    This whole 911/Rogers ordeal, does it affect the LG Eve?

Can you root and upgrade to 2.0 without a problem from Rogers?

6. britbloke

britbloke Well-Known Member

No problem with the 911 issue.

The phone has been rooted but you can't yet update to 1.6 or 2.0 (the Eve comes with 1.5).