couple questions about updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. Punjab

Punjab Well-Known Member

If I update my motion, will it delete everything on my phone?

I am on C firmware. Do I need to update to D first then E or can I go straight to E?

What is the difference in the firmwares?

2. TJayDroid

TJayDroid Well-Known Member

I can answer a couple of your questions.

Assuming you're using an unrooted LG Motion.... Updating your phone will NOT delete anything on your phone.

I, too, was on version C firmware. Using an OTA (over-the-air) update, I had to update to D first, then to E. Very easy and took a grand total of about 5-10 minutes.

As far as what the firmware changes, there are updates to some of the stock apps, of course, as well as some system updates that -- many report -- offer a bit more battery effectivity. So far, the main "negative" of the firmware update to E is that it hinders "free" wifi tethering.
  3. Punjab

Punjab Well-Known Member

I am rooted. What way should I update? If I do a backup onto my SD card and then update will I be able to restore my files?
  4. cjbandroid

cjbandroid Well-Known Member

I went from D to E, lost all tethering capability.

That really is a pain, since I'd occasionally - but needfully - tether my tablet.

Gotta figure a way around it. Tried Barnacle, WiFi Tether, and the built in app.... pretty can not use Barnacle or WiFi Tether, because they're ad-hoc, and the tablet won't do ad-hoc.

Hopefully... I'll be able to get it sorted, or somebody here will.

If I didn't know better - and I don't - the only change I can see is the lack of tether :mad:
  5. jah590

jah590 Member

Don't update! Not worth losing USB tethering.
  6. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

Try foxfi
  7. blaze420916

blaze420916 Well-Known Member

8. Punjab

Punjab Well-Known Member

No one answered my questions D:

Can I update straight to E from C?

If I update do I lose my data?