Couple questions for EVO owners

Last Updated:

1. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, sorry if this is answered somewhere, but I did try to scan as much as I could for answers. I am currently a Moment user, and after exchange, pretty happy with it (GPS didn't work on original).

- Does EVO have the same triple tones when out of service like the Moment does?
    - When switching between Wifi and CDMA any one ever have to reboot to regain network capability?
    - Is there an LED indicator like Blackberry has?
    - GPS work well?
    - Is EVO one of the phones that will be flash compatible?

Anything else anyone wants to add feel free, just trying to justify to myself whether to invest in one or not ...

thx

Advertisement
  2. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

answers in bold :)

3. zippy

Thanks, the triple tones are the ones when you go in and out of service. Annoying as heck and no way to shut off.

4. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

honestly still don't know LOL I haven't ever gone without service :D except when we go on a cruise and I turn my phone off then.. last thing I care about on a boat is my phone :D

5. IXIShogunR1

IXIShogunR1 Well-Known Member

it has an option to turn on/off a sound for when you connect to a roming network
    it has an LED for when you get messages/calls/missed calls... has options to turn it off.. i'm assuming thats what your asking about

6. SB22

SB22 Well-Known Member

Answers in bold:

clambert1273 likes this.
  7. zippy

Thanks very much ... The triple tone removal or option to turn off is my heaviest complaint on Moment right now ... I will go to Sprint and gander at the display of the EVO I guess and make a decision. Little worried abotuu the screen separation complaints, so I guess that would be my biggest fear.