Cover+Dock= not the commonly held experience - betterAccessories

Last Updated:

1. tbirover

tbirover Member This Topic's Starter

The Media Docks and Droid 2 cover compatibility issues and discussions are loaded with conflicting and obscure information. Most confusing is the product descriptions and actual model/item# are unclear and the vast number of 'covers will not fit in the dock' reports and rumors.
    I would like to see the cover and Media Dock compatibility useful replies consolidated, preferably in a FAQ or perhaps a sticky, just somewhere other than one after another ambiguous thread.

I had done some research prior to purchase arriving at; all was a mystery. Returning to the store, and after some insistence, was granted the opportunity to open and test. With Droid 2 my first, I can only make guesses for why the confusion and stick to offering only my very limited, personal experiences as 'facts'. Also will limit the only 'told' comments from presumably reliable source be that 'no cover will fit in the Dock', there was no power supply included with a Dock and report the Verizon store was mistaken on both accounts. I've also attached photographs that may assist locating what I'm referring to as neither have clear item or model #'s. Unfortunately I'm unable to get clearer box rendering.

Cover
    The cover selections were not great, nor inspiring, but luckily my first choice was Snap On Hard Cover with color red the only other distinguishing mark I can offer as to what cover this is. I can't tell looking online if comparable to or is, including Verizon.
    For yucks I tried another less expensive and appearing to me the same thing/different color - and

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Pesti13nce

Pesti13nce Well-Known Member

I already have 3 different covers for mine, currently i'm using a cheapy i got from Amazon.com that came with a car charger, Screen Protector, and a leather case. I actually love the hell out of that case vs the "Rocket fish" one i was using from Best buy. Although I did have to modify the hell out of it but hey what are ya gonna do.

On that note i do have the exact same dock and i love the hell out of that as well.

3. android3

android3 Member

what didnt you like about the rocket fish cover? i bought one today and it seems to work great. looks awesome also..

is it for docking reasons?

4. Pesti13nce

Pesti13nce Well-Known Member

The thing i don't enjoy about the Rocketfish cover is the ridge around the side of the screen. Most of the other covers have a lower ridge on the bottom near the home buttons and the bottom of the screen, which is nice since i usually slide my thumb on the screen. Only reason I don't really care for the rocket fish one.