Cover Flow on Eris?General

Last Updated: 2010-02-23 18:27:15
  1. cassnate6259

cassnate6259 Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that the Eris did some sort of cover flow, but I cannot seem to find it. Is there something I am missing? If I go to where it lists the albums, I see a listing, but nothing changes if I tilt it on its side.

I'm probably missing something simple. It's not a big deal to have by any means, but I'm just curious about it. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

If you start playing a song, then you see something like a cover flow. Then you can switch to the next song or previous song by swiping across the covers.
  3. cassnate6259

cassnate6259 Well-Known Member

Usually when I do that, I only see the current album that is playing. Occasionally, I will see other albums to 'flow' through, but usually it's just one, and it says 'now playing' above it.

If I click the list icon at the bottom, I can see a list of all of my albums, but I usually don't see them in the cover flow view. Any idea why?
  4. JohnnyThumbz

JohnnyThumbz Well-Known Member

From my experience, if you tap "play all" , then tap "pause" you should be able to cycle thru the songs. I think this works for playlist too. (Please, correct me if I'm wrong), But I don't think the cover flow on the Eris works the same as say,an ipod. I use Mix-zing from the market, no cover flow, but its a faster alternative to the stock player imo. Hope this helps any :)
  5. trau

trau Active Member

The "RockOn" app has a nice cover flow-like styling to it. It's the one in the commercial with Eric Clapton singing about all the things he gets off on.
  6. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Pretty cool player.

Screen shots:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    jreed2560 likes this.
  7. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I would just like to give kudos to your taste in music. Especially the Prodigy
  8. OfTheDamned

LMAO! Thanks, while I do have a few of those songs/artists on my phone those screen shots came from RockOn's website.
  9. jreed2560

Yeah I see that now, Shoulda known you wouldn't have a white notification bar what with you love of Sense. :eek:
  10. OfTheDamned

You've got that right.
  11. davros

davros Well-Known Member

thats a Droid screen shot
  12. OfTheDamned

Here are some screen shots from my Eris:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pretty nice app overall and from the devs website they talk about coming improvements. I don't know if it would ever replace the stock player for me, I like the lock screen controls too much.
  13. jreed2560

Cool, still you have good taste! How did I know Katy Perry would end up in there? LOL. I've been looking for something to replace the stock player. The menu and songs screen are not very intuitive. It takes way too long to search through all my music if Im wanting to listen to a specific song.
  14. trau

trau Active Member

I agree, I only use RockOn at work because it looks so nice in landscape when I have my Eris sitting on the holster and plugged in. It's got some bugs, namely the fact that -- at least in my experience -- the track forward and back buttons are pretty much impossible to hit so if I'm in shuffle and want to skip whatever track came up, I can't just hit forward, I have to select a new album or track.
  15. trau

trau Active Member

I also noticed that even though the Sense home screen won't do landscape mode, in that little lag between home and opening RockOn, if the Eris is sideways, sometimes you get a look at what Sense would look like in landscape. The phone bar stretches akwardly all the way across the bottom of the landscape screen...