Coverage in Miami, FL

1. smitty543

smitty543 Well-Known Member

Was in downtown Miami, FL over weekend for Miami marathon. Wherever I went in the major downtown area (near convention center) I had no or poor or roaming service. Not sure what the problem was.... Any thoughts?

Advertisement
    :
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

From what I can see, it may be related to NV. Service seems to get slightly worse before it gets better when you're in the vicinity of towers being converted to NV standards.
  3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Don't take this personal to Sprint, I have been told this is an issue with other carrier also in certain areas in downtown Miami, not sure what exactly it is that causes this, but your not the first discuss this.
  4. droidcentric

droidcentric Well-Known Member

Lived in Miami for 30 years and never had issues Downtown even with Sprint.

Wonder how one of the biggest police stations and court houses in the County is able to cope with no coverage.
  5. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

I think the Police Department and Court House in Miami only depend on Sprint's coverage on
    the TV show CSI: Miami

:D
  6. droidcentric

droidcentric Well-Known Member

Actually most of Dade County was using Sprint/Nextel and almost every law Enforcement or EMT worker had a PTT phone of some type. Many of Port Authority/Airport workers also used Nextel in fact probably half the state of Florida was at one time a Sprint/Boost customer.

I don't know if anything changed in the past few years but coverage was always much worse Broward rather then Dade. Which is what drew me to Sprint being able to make calls even inside stores until a few years back. Then one day even places with great coverage got weaker and weaker until there were dead zones everywhere.