Coverage

Last Updated:

1. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator This Topic's Starter

I don't know if I can do it.

I really want the Dream. But man... I just went and compared T-Mobiles Coverage to Verizons, in my area - by going here and typing in my area code.

http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/pcc.aspx

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController

..and then of course I check out how it looked on a larger scale.

I don't know if I can do that.... Verizon's coverage is so, SO MUCH better. It's, in my area at least, as if T-Mobile just covers along the interstates!

:(

Advertisement
  2. bluesk1d

bluesk1d Active Member

I feel your pain. T-mo has coverage in my area but it is total weaksauce as compared to Verizon. I hate Verizon and all their nickel and diming but man it will be rough going from a solid 5 bars to a spotty 3 bars :(

3. Phases

The nickle and diming is 100% why I want to leave them.

Otherwise, I love 'em. Their customer service, in my exp, has vastly improved over the past few years. Coverage rocks.

But locking down devices, and NICKEL AND DIMING kills me.

But, no matter how great the price, the CS (T-Mobile often ties with Verizon on that), or the devices offered.... what good is any of that if you can't get coverage?

4. al904

al904 New Member

Can anyone post a link to a T-Mo 3G coverage map?

TIA

5. irishgandalf

irishgandalf Well-Known Member

can't find one sorry man

6. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

Yeah I'm in Baltimore and this is one of T-Mobile's first 3G cities so, while I wouldn't DROP Verizon, I'm thinking of adding T-Mobile just so I can get the Dream.

I'm unwilling to get AT&T and I'm not a big Sprint fan either. Actually I've heard that T-Mobile wants to buy Sprint. I don't see Verizon adopting an Android Phone in the next 6 months unless its forced on the 700 Mhz spectrum.

But yeah... I feel your pain. I'm only 1 year into my 2 year contract and I do love Verizon so its incredibly unlikely I would cancel VZW service. Why can't they just GET ANDROID?!?!

7. Phases

That's what I may do, convince myself (and the 'ol ball 'n chain, heh) to get it along side VZW just so I can check it out.

Do they do any month to month stuff or contract only?

8. WhoFlungPoo

WhoFlungPoo Member

9. al904

al904 New Member

Thanks, WhoFlungPoo !

I had seen that box on the T-Mobile coverage site, but the legend below it says "EDGE Data Roaming," so I ignored it. However, after reading your post, I checked that box for an area that I knew had T-Mo 3G. Sure enough, it shows 3G coverage in dark green.

10. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

Dude, that sucks that you dont have good Tmobile coverage there. Im in sunny California, in a major city at that (Long Beach....thats right...the LBC!). I get FANTASTIC coverage here and 3G is SMOTHERED here in Long Beach.

11. bluesk1d

bluesk1d Active Member

T-Mo's 3G is live in LA already? Ive been really wondering if "LA" really means LA and Orange County like it does for TV stations... I sure hope so or else I am F'd!

12. Huey Freeman

Huey Freeman Well-Known Member

im in St. louis... I'm trying to figure out why the hell Birmingham is getting 3G before us..

13. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

Check out their coverage map. Also, when i spoke to T mobile Customer Care, they confirmed it being available on or before Oct 22.

14. sleebus.jones

sleebus.jones Well-Known Member

Houston seems to be pretty well blanketed. I have seriously excellent coverage in Houston on their GSM/GPRS/EDGE side, looks like 3G should be about the same for where I'm going to be.

Ug. This waiting is killing me.

15. Cryptic79

Cryptic79 VIP Member VIP Member

No kidding! We aren't even on the short list for the end of the year! The rumor is that by the end of 2Q09.

16. onilink67

onilink67 Active Member

So its interesting RI isn't on the list at all yet my work in Providence and my house in smithfield both seem to be in the heart of a 3g network i don't think boston would make it all the way down here

17. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

I love getting email updates from T Mo letting me know when they have new towers in my area. got one today telling me about 4 new towers that are totally surrounding me. Anyone else get these?

18. bhang

bhang Member

no but I wish I was the 3g towers stop 5 mins north of me, all the towers south of that arent even edge, just gprs...blah