• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CPU monitoring and SystemPanel

jrm1013

Apr 30, 2010
Searched, couldn't find an answer to this.

I have systempanel installed. Where it shows your current CPU Clock speed, mine is ranging anywhere from 600 - 900MHz at any given time. Is this normal? My phone sleeps just fine, but does this mean that when my phone is awake at any given time, my CPU is still being pushed that hard? I hope someone can clarify this for me, and maybe post what theirs is too.

It doesn't match what SetCPU shows on my phone, and I believe SetCPU a lot more. It's my personal belief that System Panel itself is causing the load. If you look at the bar just to the left of System Panel's name in the list you can see that it's GUI is pushing the CPU. SetCPU is much more simple and without modifying the settings it will be at 245MHz with nothing going on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones