• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CPU Scaling Governors

Lizardman

Lurker
Dec 22, 2010
Hi Everybody!

Today I downloaded a CPU Scaling program, called SetCPU.
I have 3 questions, I hope you can help me :)

1. If I set the CPU Scaling Governor to 'performance', then my HTC Hero is always on max cpu speed at 'sleep time' (a.k.a. when i do nothing with it?) also?

2. Which is the max CPU temperature for the HTC Hero, that is dangerous?

3. Which is the max CPU speed for the HTC Hero, that is NOT dangerous?

Sorry for my grammar mistakes folks :)

Yes, the performance governor basically keeps everything running at your max speed. You counteract that by giving the phone a sleep profile, which lowers your min/max, or even switches your governor, when the screen is off.

However, on custom ROMs nowadays you get custom made governors, which are far superior to the stock one you mentioned. I would really recommend those, if you're on a custom ROM.

I don't know if there's a max temperature, I generally just play it by ear. In terms of a max speed, there's no 'dangerous' speeds, there are just speeds that work and speeds that make it unstable/crash; you won't do any permanent damage. It tends to vary between Heroes, so you're best off disabling the 'Set on boot' option and trying out max speeds. You can almost certainly do 710MHz, 749Mhz if you're lucky.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones