• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CPU temp monitor w/o using setCPU?

htowngtr

Oct 21, 2009
Everyone, I know there was a discussion of using a temp monitor app back when Taz had kernels that could access it, but now that BB 1.0 uses BeKit is there an app that can monitor cpu temp again?

I think setCPU monitors battery temp which I guess is ok, but it's not perfect. Is there another program that monitors battery temp (if CPU temp not available) without using setCPU?

Thanks, guys. I purchased the full version.

So should I worry about temps on the CPU or the battery more so? Seems like battery temp is always much higher (for example, 91F vs 75F right now).

If you take off your battery cover, you'll see that the battery is rated up to 60C.

The CPU is rated up to 75C.

I don't think you'll ever come close to hitting these temps on either, but definitely CPU temp is the one to keep an eye on (it fluctuates much more, and high temps could mean that you should turn down your OC)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones