• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CPU usage spike while screen is off

nbm400

Apr 30, 2010
St. Louis
I have started to notice some strange behavior of my Evo 3 times over the last 4 days. Everything will be running fine until I hit a point where my CPU appears to spike to around 40% and plateau there, but ONLY while the screen is off. As soon as I turn the screen back on CPU usage drops back to < 5%. Rebooting seems to fix the issue, but now that it has happened 3 times since sunday I'm started to get concerned.

I've tracked down plenty of rogue apps in android using systemPanel and spare parts, but I am having no luck with this one...

I'm currently not rebooting so I can troubleshoot the issue...

any suggestions?

set pci? or do you mean setCpu? either way the answer is no.

Rooted? Yes. VaelPak ROM, has been running well for about 3 weeks with no issues.

Yes setpcu....gotta love autocorrect eh? When you go to menu.settings.about phone.battery. what has been using battery then click on android system...what are the top three listings (under the cpu values?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones