CPW selling Desire with Android 2.2

Last Updated:

1. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I thought you'd like to know that Carphone Warehouse are now selling Desire phones with Android 2.2 pre-loaded. I bought my Desire yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to discover that I didn't need to download FroYo.

I'm just feeling my way around the phone now and having loads of fun, but I'm sure I'll be posting lots of questions now while I try to figure out how to do this, that and the other. :)

Advertisement
  2. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member

what network are you on?

3. riki1kenobi

riki1kenobi Well-Known Member

When I had to send back my first Desire (Dodgy Screen) the replacement I got already had Froyo pre-installed on it. That was over a month ago now......I was a bit annoyed at first as I had my first phone rooted and set up the way I wanted it and (initially anyway) you couldnt root 2.2. So I just got on with it as is, now though I dont see the need to root it ;)

I am on Orange, but the CPW send out unbranded/unlocked phones anyway.

4. westbros

I am on 3 UK, but it makes no difference in the CPW as they sell unlocked phones that you can put any SIM in.

5. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member

yeah it seems to have gone very quiet on the Orange front in regards to 2.2 even though I have been posting twitter messages to Connor.

6. ianb11

ianb11 Well-Known Member

Mine came with 2.2 already on :)

7. dolmen

dolmen New Member

whats the brown Desire really like out of CPW? I don't like the sound of it and have been waiting to see if I can buy a black version!

TIA

8. westbros

As far as I know the black Desire is only available from Orange. Personally I wouldn't go there - I don't know for sure if this is the case, but on every other phone I've had from Orange (and I was with them for 15 years until last week) there is massive Orange branding and I believe they've done the same with their Desire.

The standard Desire isn't actually all that brown. The bottom edge and the back is a dark chocolate brown bordering on a slate grey. The metal frame around the screen is more of a bronze colour that in certain lights takes on a lovely indigo shade.

I have it in a black leather flip case with brown stitching that I bought from Amazon that complements the Desire beautifully. :)