Cracked apps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wisejoshua

wisejoshua Member

I may be crossing a line when asking this, but I cant seem to find the answer anywhere. So please help.

I know that when you jailbreak an iPhone, you can download "cracked apps". Now I know this is wrong from the devs POV but I just want to know if this is possible, or ever will be possible for android.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

The term commonly used in the Android world is "Rooted" because you have access to the root directory and permissions of the "Owner" = who is root ...

Apps are not the same ... apps are Free, Paid, and Either can be Protected ....

What you describe as Cracked apps sounds like Stolen apps = ones not paid for by the user ... haven a rooted phone does not equate to all apps being Free ...

It does mean you can copy your apps and back them up outside of the phone's environment ...

Apps purchased in the market are ID'd to your Google registeration account ... so should something happen to the phone ... you can reload all your previous apps .. be they Free or Paid ..
  3. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

To sum up what JJJ said:

Expand on your definition of "cracked", please. :)
  4. wisejoshua

wisejoshua Member

A couple friends have iPhones, which are jailbroken, and they download apps from places other than the App store, (ex: TomTom, the whole purpose of this post) AND THEY GET THEM FREE. Cracked, Stolen, Pirated, I dont care what its called, I just wanna know if I'll ever be able to get $100 TomTom app on my myTouch FOR FREE!
  5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Even if we knew how we would never promote theft of a developers work ... and promoting it can be reason for being banned from this site ..
  6. wisejoshua

wisejoshua Member

Like TomTom needs any more money, and to charge $100 is rediculous. I see your point tho, and I'm on your side. I'd rather pay for android than have Apple for free. We android users pride ourselves on having cooler, more open devices than the iPhone bandwagoners. I guess we will just have to pay.
    unclesam77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.