cracked Eris screen - replacement possibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Kamorton

Kamorton New Member This Topic's Starter

My daughter dropped her new Eris and the screen cracked. We were supposed to have the insurance, but when Verizon switched her from her old phone to the Eris they removed the insurance even though we told them we wanted to keep it. Of course she dropped it 32 days after we got the phone so we can't add it back on.
    We asked if we can add the insurance back since it was Verizon's fault and they just said nope, but they did apologize. Which is no help at all!

Is there a way to replace the screen?

Advertisement
  2. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

i know what i would do...GO TO THE STORE!
    every store until one of them does whats right.
    its been 32 days, u were supposed to have insurance (particularly if u were already paying for it before your eris) where is the support!
    DEMAND DEMAND DEMAND!!

3. Tmaccy

Tmaccy New Member

yeah thats bs, no reason the store should treat you like that....

4. smacky

smacky Banned

Mess around with a few stores and if that doesn't work, take it to corporate since it's involving the insurance policy being wrongfully removed. How many bills have you had since getting the phone? I'm assuming one? Tell them you were expecting to see the charge for insurance on the bill, didn't see it, wanted to know why it was taken off when you told them you wanted it, and what to do with a broken phone. The higher ups do a better job than the turds working at the kiosks. I've met some really crappy (no pun, just avoiding a swear) ones working that BS their way into proving you're wrong.

The replacement or insurance ordeal isn't coming out of their pocket, they shouldn't be worried about it. I'm still kinda pissed they screwed me out of a new battery on my EnV a few years ago by telling me a battery holding a charge for two hours would magically start working properly after an update. And that he wouldn't give me a new battery unless the software was on there and I had waited a week. I was too embarrassed to go back there, but it helped add maybe, an hour. And this was all before my one-year warranty on the phone was up. I thought batteries were covered under that as well as chargers.

Don't let them use smoke and mirrors to screw you out of another..400 or so bucks.

5. mrpaolo69

mrpaolo69 New Member

6. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

Here is what you do. Call the verizon folks back. Ask the first one that answers if they can help you with your problem. When they say no or that they can't, tell them "well then I need to speak with your boss". Keep doing that until it gets fixed. Trust me, it works.

Somewhere along the line you will speak with someone with either the power to fix your problem or not enough down time to deal with your problem... and it will get resolved.

7. ulblaxlaxulb

ulblaxlaxulb Member

I bought a screen off ebay for $50, free shipping and t6 torx screw driver and tiny philips screw driver from home depot. Opened up the phone and replaced the screen it wasn't hard.

8. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Ask the Verizon rep (preferably in person and with a manager) to tell you what day the insurance was removed and who removed it.
    They record everything! Theuy would know if it was you, your wife, daughter, etc... Of course they will see that it came off at time of switch. Demand that it be put back on as of that date. Tell them you'll be more than happy to pay the back insurance fees that you were not billed for.

A few years back I got a HUGE bill because when i switched phones, soehow they removed my texting plan.
    I did exactly what I described above, and they applied the texting plan back on since the day I switched phones, and my texting chargs disappeared.