Cracked EVO Screen - Technical Question

Last Updated:

1. ABV

ABV Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,
    I'm new here, love the EVO. It fell off the bumber, no insurance, it got rolled over a few times. It still works fine, but the screen is completely shattered. I got a new one off ebay, actually did good, kept looking and got a brand new one, with the front cover (didn't have to seperatre the LCD from the glass) for $79. When I was taking it apart, instead of peeling up the whole information sticker off of the EMI shield, I peeled the thin layer of plastic off of it. My question is, is the metal that the information label is stuck to the EMI shield by itself? I would think that it is, but I want to make sure that the sticker is not some type of special material that has something to do with electromagnetic interference, and that by not putting the sticker back on I am subjecting myself or someone else to EMI. I know it is a wierd question, but I'm just curious, does anybody know the answer? Here is a link to the part I am talking about.
    Installing HTC Evo 4G Front Panel - Page 5 - iFixit
    Thanks
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ThreeDog

ThreeDog Well-Known Member

as far as i'm aware it's just a information sticker, it does not have any electrostatic properties and would not be cause any detrimental effects to either your own phone or any thing else for that matter if you did not replace it.

3. ABV

ABV Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. That is what I was figuring/hoping. I peeled the whole thing off and it barely sticks now, I just don't want it to come loose in the phone. I probably could put a dab of glue on it, but I'll probably just leave it off. The numbers will be gone, but I have them in the phone and on the box, and I don't have any intentions of selling it.