Cracked my droid incredible screen on the Inside. What should i do?!!Support

Last Updated:

  1. Rmattar23

    Rmattar23 Member

    so today i was getting in my car and as i was closing the door my phone fell out of my pocket and the door shut on it. The Outside screen is fine but the cracks r in the inside and my screen doesnt work anymore.

    what should i do??

    should i

    1) take it to a repair store. (how much will it cost?)
    2) downgrade to my old phone (do i have to pay to do this and is it easy to cancel the data plan that i had on my broken phone?)
    3) can i get some type of replacement or discounted price on the same phone but i dont have insurance

    whats the best thing to do for someone who doesnt have phone insurance?

  2. LinkError404

    LinkError404 Well-Known Member

    From my understanding if you are still under manufacturers warranty you should just be able to bring it in to verizon and say it broke when dropped dont say slammed in car door lol. from then on i would def. get insurance for just the predicament your in. If they say the manufacturers warranty wont cover it than yeah for the time being im pretty sure you would have to downgrade to your old one.
  3. necosino

    necosino Well-Known Member

    Outside physical damage to the phone is NOT covered under warranty. The manufacturer's warranty is for internal components that would fail as a result of defects, not as a result of user mishandling.

    You can try to bring it into verizon and see what they can do for you though, but I don't think you'll be too happy.

    And yes, its free to switch back to your old phone. The next month, just take the data plan off your line. This can all be done via the VZW website.
  4. NoShftShck16

    NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

    1) DO NOT take it to the store. They will say buy a new phone. I called HTC, for me it was a shattered digitizer. Which cost me $120 (plus shipping to their facility). Not a bad deal.
    2) If you decide to do this, pick up the phone, turn it on, dial *228 and follow the instructions. Thats all you need to do to switch phones
    3) You won't be able to prove that it wasn't your fault, sometimes the VZW guys will 'allow' you to pull the wool over their eyes and will help you out. But not with straight up physical damage to the phone

    Choose wisely (but i say go with 1)

    The number to HTC is 866-449-8358. They don't actually do the repairs, a 3rd party company affiliated with HTC repairs ALL CDMA phones, PCD is their name. Don't have the number for them, but HTC will forward you over to them.

    I had a nightmare do to some laziness (from what i drew from the problem) but they were some of the most polite customer service reps I've ever dealt with. After the issue was finally resolved the VP of Cust Serv from HTC personally called me to make sure everything was ok.
  5. sdrawkcab25

    sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

  6. Knewz

    Knewz Well-Known Member

    If u got insurance, call them, pay the 90 deductible, new phone will be overnighted to you
  7. sdrawkcab25

    sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

    he stated in his first post that he doesn't have insurance.
  8. Knewz

    Knewz Well-Known Member

    over looked that... if u jus bought the phone, within 30 days, add insurance. :)

Share This Page