Cracked My Screen. How do I fix it? Please Help!Support

Last Updated:

1. tanner4137

tanner4137 Well-Known Member

About 30 minutes ago, I was jogging and my phone slipped out of my sweat pants. the screen shattered completely. Ive looked all over the internet to see how I could get it fixed but cant find anywhere. I called att support and they just said go to the att store? Does anyone know how much that will cost? Also does anyone know of where I could buy a replacement screen and install it my self?

Advertisement
  2. woodsytattooman

woodsytattooman Well-Known Member

3. tanner4137

Sold out...? Well isn't the HTC holiday the exact same phone? It had some in stock
  4. woodsytattooman

I don't think there the same.The part numbers aren't the same.
    Holiday-1-G-0261a
    Vivid-1-G-0261
    Not that there sold out they just haven't stocked them yet.
  5. tanner4137

What about an HTC Raider screen. I'm almost positive those are the EXACT same phones
  6. woodsytattooman

Maybe im not 100% sure because i can't find a part number for the Raider.
    Here is the Raider digitizer.
    OEM HTC Raider 4G Holiday X710E Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement Parts
    There are some on Ebay also.I would call htc or a dealer to see which ones will work.
    This one is for the Vivid but more expensive.
    [​IMG]HTC Vivid Digitizer Touch Screen Panel Glass Lens * US Seller * NEW | eBay
  7. tanner4137

Well I went to the att storr. They're charging me $145. They said it will take a week for them to fix it!
  8. woodsytattooman

Glad your getting it fixed man.Your better off having them do it anyway.It don't look like a very easy project to do yourself.At least if they screw it up they will have to fix or replace it.
  9. Vphillips27

Vphillips27 New Member

My poor husband just dropped my Vivid and the screen shattered.... I saw you got yours repaired at an AT&T store here in Dallas. Where did you go? I live in Dallas too - but my AT&t rep didn't offer up repair at their site......

Thanks!
  10. Vphillips27

Vphillips27 New Member

Thank you! So, you took yours to an AT&T store out there then.... I was hoping you could recommend a store here. Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them tomorrow.
  11. John2336

John2336 New Member

Long time Lurker on this thread, but I had to register to share that I found a video on it!

I've had a screen I bought off eBay for two weeks begging people on Youtube to do a video on it (so I could follow along). I just got messaged by the "irepairfast" Channel saying they just put one up. Its just what I needed! I'm brewing some coffee and getting this done tonight before I crack my LCD playing Angry Birds. lol

Just search "HTC VIVID SCreen Replacement" and you'll find the video to follow along with if thats your thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3mi4lAe58s
  12. bduerr

bduerr New Member

Has anyone told HTC that they should have used Gorilla Glass in the Vivid??? Maybe a supplier will get the idea????

I did the same thing, with my AT&T insurance they wanted to charge me $200. I threatened to leave for Sprint and they simply gave me a new contract (already had signed up for 2 years for 1st Vivid) and charged me $50. Cheaper than getting it fixed . . .
    I think the reps get dinged if they lose a customer so they are motivated to may you happy.
    chall80 likes this.
  13. chall80

chall80 Well-Known Member

Gorilla glass only goes so far...I am the king of cracked screens. I replaced the front glass twice on my iphone4, the back glass once. I replaced the screen on my Bravo once. 3 times on the inspire. So far, i'm knocking on wood...I bought the Otterbox Commuter at the att store with the vivid. its never been in motion without it(although i will sit on the couch and marvel at its beauty without its case)