• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cracked Outer Screen???

Had a quick question. Just got my phone a few days ago and before my case got here that I ordered I dropped it and the Outer screen cracked down by the home button. My question is there a way to replace just the Outer lens/cover? The digitzer is fine it is just the outer lens. All the videos I have seen have phones where the digitizer is messed up.

I have insurance but was just checking if there was a fix that I could do because I have seen the outer lens going for about $25-$30. Thanks

due to the thin design, the entire display is a bonded assembly. there is no way for us to separate them without damaging other components. The SGS2 has a similar assembly and I tried to see if just the glass could be replaced, it appeared impossible. I guess the only good thing about it is that if you can find a display assembly for a cheap price, doing the repair itself is very very simple.

Upvote 0
Fyi:
I called the Samsung service center just to figure out the cost of replacing the screen.
You can get it replaced by authorized Samsung service center in Bangalore (India) for Rs.6500. That is approx. $125.
I was told that if the part is available, the technician will replace it in 30 mins while you wait.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones