1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Cracked Samsung Galaxy S4 Glass/ScreenSupport

1. CrackedS4

CrackedS4 New Member

Hello community,

I have my Samsung Galaxy S4 since almost a year. Yesterday my S4 dropped on the floor and the screen got broken.

If you want to see a picture of my phone now pls message me.

I need help pls and I dont know what do to do. How much will the replacement.. cost? Does anyone have tips for me to replace the glass or screen? I dont have an insurance and I live in UK.

I have a link of an image of my phone pls message me if you want to see.

I hope you can help me,

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I'm afraid it's not good news. Replacing the screen is expensive. There are two options. You can do it yourself and pay about
    CrackedS4 likes this.
  3. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums CrackedS4! :)

Assuming, as you live in the UK, that you have the GT-i9505 version of the Galaxy S4, (see #1.2 of 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?), you will need to ascertain if it is just the screen that is affected or the screen and digitizer.

I would always recommend a professional repair, either via a Samsung Service Point or the CarPhoneWarehouse's Geek Squad. Prices for such repairs are around
    CrackedS4 likes this.
  4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

I know you said you dont have insurance, is it phone insurance you are on about?

The reason i ask is a lot of household contents insurance policies cover your phone & most people are in a position where they are covered by these.
  5. CrackedS4

CrackedS4 New Member

Thats very expensive... While I played football my S4 dropped on the floor and now I have to pay a lot.
  6. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I did say it wasn't good news :(.

Do consider what Anoniemouse said above. My household contents insurance also covers my phone and this is fairly common. If you have contents insurance, check with your insurer or the policy wording. If you don't, you are sadly out of luck.