• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cracked Screen Club

anthonygobot

Jul 2, 2010
Midwest
Lastnight I joined the cracked screen club and sad thing is I have a droid x replacement on the way from vzw (camera issues). Now vzw wont replace the phone until I have insurance replace it (at $99). VZW is offering me an early upgrade but before I jump ship to a new phone or just pay the $99 deductible I may see about replacing the screen. Anyone bought one of these and had any luck replacing the screen?

MOTOROLA DROID X MB810 LCD REPLACEMENT DISPLAY SCREEN | eBay

I replaced the screen on my iPhone, and have worked with a lot of laptops - really, it's all pretty similar. Good instructions, good clean work surface, and lots of patience and you'll get it replaced. Don't force anything.

That said, for $55, you're only $44 away from a whole new phone without having to spend a couple hours painstakingly working on your phone. Kinda just depends on what you think your time is worth, and the risk inherent in working on the phone yourself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones