1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Cracked screen/display repair on HTC Wildfire S

1. luckylaurax

luckylaurax New Member

Hey, i'm new to android forum. Yesterday i broke the display to my HTC, the screen turns on but the touch screen isn't working so i can't unlock it. I bought the phone from carphone warehouse, so i was wondering if it would be cheaper to get a repair from HTC or from carphone warehouse? And if someone has an idea of how much it would cost?

Advertisement
    :
  2. kadimi

kadimi Well-Known Member

The digitizer costs ~$20, so expect $60 or more.

If you are confident about you skills in electronic device disassembly you can do it your self... I can assist you on Skype if you want...
  3. repairsuniverse

repairsuniverse Well-Known Member

Which wild fire S do you have CDMA or GSM? We have the touch screen digitizer and LCD available and ready to ship. We provide many resources to help you repair your device such as tools, videos, guides, email and live chat support.
  4. capouch

capouch New Member

I have the CDMA models, and need to see if I can figure a certain way to "recalibrate" after replacing the digitizer.

There are many sets of "instructions" out there, but none of them seems to definitively work on the CDMA version. I'm wondering if anyone can speak to that "for sure."
  5. Chris Fuqua

Chris Fuqua Member

Hey guys, I have the same problem. Phone powers up, screen works, touchscreen won't accept input. Cracked.

I am pretty good with electronics, but I don't want to hamfist it and brick it.

Who do I sent it to for repair, and how much?

TIA

Chris
  6. Chris Fuqua

Chris Fuqua Member

No one does this repair for a fee? I pay, out the door pricing? Or is the phone not worth repairing?
  7. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

At this point in time I personally don't think that it would be worth the effort and money. You can get a Rise for $50, Venture or Chaser for $80 on Virgin Mobile USA, they are all Android phones.