• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cracked screen help please, HTC incredible

beedeegee

Lurker
Dec 26, 2010
Hey guys, I dropped my phone today getting out of my car and the screen now has a crack running across it. Everything still works fine but it's driving me insane, unfortunately I've had the phone for over 30 days so I'm past the insurance period which blows. I really should have gotten it.

I've seen some how-to's on replacing the glass ,but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with trying it, especially since the phone still works I wouldn't want to destroy it completely.

I came across a site called DrCellphone that says they can repair the screen for 125 bucks. Have any of you guys used this site, are they reputable? Or is it better to just have HTC fix it, although I figure that will cost quite a bit more.

Hey guys, I dropped my phone today getting out of my car and the screen now has a crack running across it. Everything still works fine but it's driving me insane, unfortunately I've had the phone for over 30 days so I'm past the insurance period which blows. I really should have gotten it.

I've seen some how-to's on replacing the glass ,but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with trying it, especially since the phone still works I wouldn't want to destroy it completely.

I came across a site called DrCellphone that says they can repair the screen for 125 bucks. Have any of you guys used this site, are they reputable? Or is it better to just have HTC fix it, although I figure that will cost quite a bit more.

there is no expiration on insurance, if you meant the warranty, that wouldn't cover you dropping your phone anyway. Insurance covers you no matter how long you have the phone or what happens to it (as long as it's accidental) you just pay the deductible ($80).
There is a post on this forum on how to replace the screen yourself.
http://androidforums.com/incredible-tips-tricks/129992-replaced-digitizer-htc-incredible.html

Upvote 0
Dropped phone and completely destroyed screen. If you are patient and handy plus have the right tools, repairing the screen yourself is pretty easy but a delicate process. Some videos and forums give the solution to buy a new digitizer and go through the whole process of removing the glass which is a royal pain in the :eek:!!
My solution was to spend only forty bucks and buy the whole new front assembly to the phone and follow different youtube videos to disassemble and then reassemble the phone. In my case, the only pieces missing from this front assembly were the ear speaker and the heat sensitive "home,menu,return, search" buttons. These were easily yet delicately removed from the damaged assembly and replaced.
Phone now is like a brand new phone and with the Cyanogen MOD 7 up and running, I feel like I have upgraded to a new phone and am loving it!
BTW, now I have an otter box and am never looking back since my 30 dollar body glove case from verizon ended up breaking and got me into this mess in the first place.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Dropped phone and completely destroyed screen. If you are patient and handy plus have the right tools, repairing the screen yourself is pretty easy but a delicate process. Some videos and forums give the solution to buy a new digitizer and go through the whole process of removing the glass which is a royal pain in the :eek:!!
My solution was to spend only forty bucks and buy the whole new front assembly to the phone and follow different youtube videos to disassemble and then reassemble the phone. In my case, the only pieces missing from this front assembly were the ear speaker and the heat sensitive "home,menu,return, search" buttons. These were easily yet delicately removed from the damaged assembly and replaced.
Phone now is like a brand new phone and with the Cyanogen MOD 7 up and running, I feel like I have upgraded to a new phone and am loving it!
BTW, now I have an otter box and am never looking back since my 30 dollar body glove case from verizon ended up breaking and got me into this mess in the first place.

Cheers!
I dropped mine Friday, face down on bumpy asphalt. It looked horrible ! I chickened out and just bought another phone. I was able to sell my broken one for $45 though, so it wasn't a total loss.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones