Cracked screen/touch pad

Last Updated:

1. AlexC

AlexC New Member This Topic's Starter

Morning,

I dropped my HTC Hero yesterday, and although it has a tough silicon case on it unfortunately the screen has cracked top right. At first I thought it was a hair on my screen, but hairs normally blow away :) So you can get an idea of how thin this crack it. It goes from top left to centre left.

While this doesn't seem to have had any impact on the use of the phone (for example, touch sensitivity still works in that area and the screen is perfectly usable) I'd like to replace it.

Now this phone is under a business contract account with Orange UK, but if my employer doesn't have insurance for it what options are there to replace it? I've seen there are 2 parts, the actual LCD screen and then the touch overlay on the top. I don't believe the LCD screen is damaged since it would be far worse, it just looks like the glass has cracked. Can this be replaced?

Regards

Advertisement
  2. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

Sure it can, there are tutorials on YouTube that show you how to replace the screen step by step.

Plus, you can find all you need (case+screen+tools) on eBay for some 30 quid.

3. DiscoDavey

DiscoDavey Member

If it is on a business contract, like mine on tmobile - they will provide a new handset the next day if it develops even a software fault (wink wink)

4. Karissababy

Karissababy New Member

(Okay so today , i dropped & my whole original glass screen on my hero completly shattered ! is there anyway to replace the screen without buying a new phone ? PLEASE HELP ! :