Cracked ScreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. V7X

V7X Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so I dropped my naked epic onto the concrete screen down from about 3 feet. I missed my pocket like an idiot......Splat....

I was just wondering what my options maybe as far as getting it repaired.

I do not have TEP.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. charlesdeanda

charlesdeanda Member

I'm in the same situation. Cracked screen. I know the phone works because I'm receiving text, emails, etc. Is there a simulator where I can hook up my phone to PC and view my screen?

3. jonra

jonra Active Member

It's my understanding that if you don't have a replacement plan and you are after the 30 days, you're basically boned. The phone itself is like $500+. I don't have a replacement plan, just put a case on mine and have my old Instinct as a backup just in case I destroy this one. Would suck to go back though :(

4. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

There's clean ESN Epic 4G's on eBay for quite a bit less than $500. Still more than the TEP deductible, but only a little more than a contract purchase through, say, Best Buy.

I think that's your best bet...

5. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

If youre pretty handy, I've seen some screens being sold on ebay for about $100 and just replace it yourself. There was a thread here about replacing screens and it had a link of the ebay seller.

6. Branf

Branf New Member

Sprint, they will now fix screen cracks as long as the phone is otherwise fine for just $35 bucks. this is without having insurance. When you do this though invest in a case or insurance! I did not even have to gripe and threaten like this, though I planned to!

Cheers to Sprint for valuing their customers (while it lasts lol)

7. Drewh915

Drewh915 New Member

My screen broke, i ordered one off of ebay, fairly easy to fix. If you can make your phone look like nothing ever happened you can try to turn it in on warranty. The only way to do that would be to fix your screen though.