• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cracked Screen

mandi

Lurker
Jul 13, 2011
I recently dropped my phone and the entire screen cracked. I was told by verizon they did not do repairs around here and i would have to buy a new phone. I found out you could go on ebay and just purchase a new screen so i did. I just received the screen and there are no instructions with it. I am having trouble figuring out how to get to the screws under the slider part of the phone or how to take the phone apart to put new screen on or if there is a easier way to do this. any help would be appreciated.. thanks

I recently dropped my phone and the entire screen cracked. I was told by verizon they did not do repairs around here and i would have to buy a new phone. I found out you could go on ebay and just purchase a new screen so i did. I just received the screen and there are no instructions with it. I am having trouble figuring out how to get to the screws under the slider part of the phone or how to take the phone apart to put new screen on or if there is a easier way to do this. any help would be appreciated.. thanks

I have changed a few screens, they are all different and usually VERY fiddly! Normally there are a few star drive screws plus a lot of clipped together parts. Take a look on youtube and search for your phone type and screen. hopefully there will be a "how to". You might need some tools such as star drivers and plastic pry bars, also available on ebay.

Good luck, Pete

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones