Cracked ScreenSupport

1. rjsfocus3

rjsfocus3 New Member

I have a Galaxy Note 2. It worked great, I love it, however the other day I dropped it, and despite having a cover, the screen is now cracked pretty badly. The phone still works, but the screen does not come on. I can hear it, the blue light comes on, and I can plug it into my computer to see the files, but the phone screen itself won't work. Is this a simple fix as just replacing the screen, or is there a chance something else has broken on it? And if so, how hard is it to replace the screen?

Thanks
    Rich

Advertisement
  2. WeedEX

WeedEX New Member

I dropped my phone yesterday and cracked the glass, my phone still works perfectly. It sounds like you've also broken the lcd panel and possibly digitizer, this is actually a fairly easy fix, but a replacement glass/lcd/digitizer is gonna set you back about $250, you can probly find it cheaper online, there are lots of videos on youtube about disassembly. the note 2 comes apart much easier than the s3. I'm just now waiting to get my new glass and replace that. I replaced the glass on my iphone 3g a while back, but the iphone 3g was the easiest phone to get into ever.