• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cracked screen

FennecFox

Lurker
Nov 25, 2013
UK
I purchased a lovely Experia Z Ultra a month ago. After two weeks it developed "the screen crack". Certainly not the cover glass and certainly it had not been dropped or sat upon etc.

The good news is that I got it from Amazon UK and even though I was a couple of days outside their 30 day warranty (I had been on holiday) they willingly agreed to take it back. Today I sent it off to them. Even though I have no reason to doubt there actions, I will let you know when/if I get my money back.

I was on holiday in Singapore; very hot and I was wondering if temperature does have a bearing on this problem as someone earlier suggested.

Whilst in Singapore, I asked a local Sony dealer to look at the problem. Without any prompting, he said it was a manufacturing defect!

Come on Sony! Get your act together and sort this (manufacturing)problem out.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones