Cracked the screen, Possibly to replace just the screen?Support

1. bleetness

bleetness Well-Known Member

I have a crack on my screen and im wondering if its possible to seal it up with that anti scratch gel they sell on amazon, or if I should buy a new digitizer, and if I have to buy a new digitizer, would the one from the LG from verizon work?

Advertisement
  2. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Well-Known Member

Are you cutting your finger on it? I would just replace the digitizer. Yes, Verizon's version of the Esteem is the LG Revolution and it will work just fine.
  3. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

You can get the lcd or digitizer on eBay for cheap, whichever you need. Taking the phone apart is common sense, not to hard at all. I'm sure there is plenty of videos on the install to.
  4. bleetness

Im pretty good hardware wise. I have another question, I didnt want to make another thread for it. I downgraded to the 55$ plan, and I noticed I dont have 4g 100% of the time and its pretty annoying, is this normal?
  5. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

It all depends on your location and metro updating.
  6. bleetness

But I had 4g all the time before this
  7. Fuzzy13

Nothing should have changed data wise. I would reset your prl via *228 option 5 and see if that helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner and swiftkey flow.
  8. dozer5900

dozer5900 Well-Known Member

It could be that your going over the limit now that you dont have true unlimited 4g.
  9. bleetness

! What the hell, they said the 4g was unlimited. The extra 20 bucks was for stupid metroback up/rhapsody etcetc
  10. Fuzzy13

It's hard to find any plan that is 100 percent true unlimited. It's unlimited in that you can use the data connection unlimited BUT that doesn't mean your going to have "faster" speeds through the entire time. Which is why you have plans that have a 5GB or 2GB cap for "full" 4G speeds. That's how they get people. If they said "unlimited 4G data at full speed" then I'm sure people would look at their plans more closely before purchasing them.
  11. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member

yea digitizer is easy to replace if you're the least bit mechanically savvy. Hell I did it w/o power even lol.

And yes the revo is the same parts.