crackling and static durning calls

Last Updated:

1. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so everyonce in a while at the beginning of a phone call i get this crackling static sound till i hang up and retry the phone call then its fine didnt know what the cause of this could be????

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

it is the network..you may be going through someone elses tower or it may be a temp issue with sprints network...It happens..the solution is exactly what you did ...hang up and try again :)

cookie_monster likes this.
  3. jordan676

jordan676 New Member

Let us know what you find out I am having the same issue. Sprint replaced my first handset thinking that would fix it but it is doing it more frequently on the new phone.

4. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Like Mr. Ed said it is an issue with the network, I had it happen to me the other day hasn't happened again since then, but I haven't made many calls since then so it could still be having the issue. I think weather can cause it.

5. rjd728

rjd728 Active Member

I had this issue after flashing a beta version of a Netarchy Kernel. My screen was also flickering slightly when plugged into the charger. Flashed a known good kernel and the issue was resolved. I don't recall which one it was or if this is related to your issue....just an FYI. :cool:

Mr. Ed likes this.