Crackling noiseSupport

Last Updated:

1. djpailo

djpailo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Right where the home key is and the back space touchscreen button the phone seems to have some crackling noise.

It gets irritiating when I am on the home page and press the middle button on the touchscreen because I hear it.

What should I do?

I just brought the phone so I know I can replace it but I just want to see if this is a common problem and whether it is worth just sticking with the noise. I am really depressed now :(

Clarification: In between the resistive menu and back keys is where the crackling is occurring.

Advertisement
  2. vikidroid

vikidroid Well-Known Member

same here. maybe need some time to "work uot".

3. djpailo

Ok I'm going back to the store and try and get them to check out another handset to see if my one is faulty or not.

4. De@n

De@n Well-Known Member

Mine does the same.

5. rikkib

rikkib Member

I have this too.

6. rikkib

rikkib Member

sounds like it's the adhesive behind it.

7. djpailo

Definitely, but I don't think it will be a major problem. I think its the plastic covering and since their isn't a button there, it makes a crackling noise because for some reason LG didn't fill it with some solid material. Thats my theory.

8. djpailo

I removed the protective cover and the crackling gets worse. I advise NOT to do this because you can barely use your phone without the cover. Luckily (and after panicking but calming and watching a video on youtube) I found out how to put the cover back on properly and it has very few bubbles on the main surface.

If it isn't the protective cover does this mean LG have a fault with all their phones? :eek:

9. soulclaimed

soulclaimed Member

im pretty sure they will all do it mine does too and the shop advise that most of their handsets do it, its just the builid quality of the phone but bear in mind its a cheap phone with good features, corners were probably cut to keep costs down.

10. fury-s12

fury-s12 Well-Known Member

yep had to get my optimus replaced due to another issue and both the previous one and the new one had this crackle when pressing the touch button more so the "back" one then the menu one

i think it might be a lame attempt at a haptic feedback could just be dodgy design tho lol