Cradle for the MomentTips

Last Updated:

1. samaruf

samaruf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guys,
    I really like how the HTC Evo has a kickstand that allows you to use it as a nice alarm clock. I was wondering if you know of any after market cradle in which I can place the Moment upright similar to my old Dell Axim X30 PDA. I just now downloaded the deskclock.apk and really like the faded clock and want to use it as a night alarm clock.

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

With no dock connector, a side mounted and covered micro usb port, it's doubtful there will ever be a dock for this phone. Add to that for the phone to do any of the neat tricks the Evo does when docked would take software development from Samsung which isn't going to happen anymore for this phone. the best you could do is to jury rig a stand to hold the phone up. Fortunately, alarm clocks can be found reasonably priced and in abundant supply.

3. samaruf

Found this on eBay:
    NEW MOUNT CLEAR CASE STAND for Samsung Moment M900 - eBay (item 140447375720 end time Sep-30-10 01:48:36 PDT)

As for alarm clocks, I still use one from early 90's that I got for opening a bank account in my college town. Still running for almost 20 years!

pastafarian likes this.
  4. Absocold

Absocold New Member

They just don't make 'em like they used to...

5. speciala106

speciala106 Active Member

The bodyglove does have a kickstand on it. And it would be a portable kickstand you could take anywhere. The bodyglove was a great case as long as you dont have to take it off because of the crappy tabs that hold it onto the phone and break whenever the case is taken off

6. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

I've been using my phone for an alarm clock pretty much since i've had a cell phone (minus the year or two i had a nextel - no alarm clock how dumb is that) and i've got to say the rooster alarm on the moment is the best alarm i've ever used. I'm a heavy sleeper and have slept through practically every alarm i've used, phone or otherwise, but there is no ignoring that damn rooster.

7. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

8. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

I've been using my phones as my alarm clock for years too, although I found out the hard way that my old LG wouldn't turn itself on to alarm like my Nokia did. Does the Moment? Must crack open that user manual some day. Using the phone as my alarm is just too convenient, especially when sleeping on the couch (because I, you know, fell asleep watching TV or whatever).

The rooster is just too annoying to use. I've got an alarm that sounds like the old analog alarm clocks with the bells on top. I love/hate it.

Wait, what was the thread about again?

9. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

You have all you need to make your own in the box it came in...

Post #13 in this thread...

http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/42597-home-made-dock-clock.html#post328837

Or not :eek:

10. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

11. samaruf

12. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

You should have seen the one that the OP had created. The photos are gone now, but instead of brown plastic tape he used silver duct tape.