Cranking up a replacement Eris - advice?General

Last Updated:

1. PaulCoffeeFreak

PaulCoffeeFreak Member This Topic's Starter

My replacement Eris arrived today. My current Eris isn't doing the scrolling problem today, thus far. So, I plan to work on it this weekend. One of the things I have learned to hate is the process of doing a hard reset, or the equivalent (initializing a new phone) I hate losing ground I have won, and want all my apps, their specific settings, signon info, paid app registration, etc. I realize that Google syncs Google contacts, so no worries there. Currently, I use Astro for backing up my apps.

Is there anything that can in essence clone the "personality" of my phone and then load it onto the new/old platform? From the SD card?

Also, apparently my charging cord may be part of my sideways scrolling problem. Any recommendations for a really good home charger, car charger, and data cable option?

Advertisement
  2. A User Name

A User Name Well-Known Member

3. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

Just so you know, apps that you restore from your SD card (astro), wont get any updates when they come out. You have to reinstall from the market to be able to get the updates.

4. Gone hiddens

Gone hiddens Member

I had to hard reset 2 days ago, used the mybackup app, it saved everything to my SD card, including text emssages and call history. Had no problem re-loading my phone, took a total of 20 minutes. Previous post is correct though, you do not get updates for apps.