• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Honestly, I think that your best bet is to use fastboot or RSD Lite to reload the stock software onto the phone. There is a great document with instructions for using moto-fastboot here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oy2NO9D2qBSNuUV4b8hfGLFPuQL0tFtgKpuYugZhy8Q/edit

(Credit to Android Forums member themib, known as sd_shadow on other forums...)

You can get the fxz files for the Droid X here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/

However, just checking that site, it appears to be down at the moment, which is really tough luck for you right now. If I can find a copy of the FXZ files for the Droid X, I'll post them here ASAP. Meanwhile, keep checking that site... when it is up, it will have a list of Motorola models, and you can choose the droid X from there. From that, there will be a list of all available firmware - you'll probably want the latest one, probably Android 2.3.4, for the Verizon model. (They may have firmware for other models there, like the international Milestone X or the Alltel X. The Verizon versions should be obvious.)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well by pressing the power and home button I got it to Andy with an orange exclamation mark in triangle can't seem to pass this screen though
this is stock recovery, press both volume buttons to enter. If the droid X fails to boot stock rom after flashing SBF, return to stock recovery and wipe data.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I thank u all for all of your time given I wil use the info given in a bit I'm on my way home now to try it im sure I can figure this out I run a shop in my home town from home I do screen repairs and well repairs and refurbs in general and I have been modding ios software for quite some time but I'm new to romming it a whole diff world I'd be trashing this phone if it wasn't for all your help and I don't give easy so there is gonna be a round two for cm11 anyone have the best procedure if the method I used was scetchy

Upvote 0
egery3et.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones