Crashing and Lack of InternetSupport

Last Updated:

1. philosojerk

philosojerk Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 20, 2010
    So, I bought a Droid X yesterday. I've had it for less than 24 hours. Within an hour of bringing it home, while I was still figuring out how to use it, the phone completely froze while I was trying to update a contact with a new email address. After freezing, it turned black, and then the only way I was able to restart it was to do a battery pull. Having just migrated from blackberry to android, I thought battery pulls were supposed to be something I wouldn't have to do anymore.

OK, fine, a small glitch. But this morning I woke up to find that my internet browser won't load anything. I can't open google, facebook, new york times, wikipedia, no websites at all. My phone is set up on my home wireless (which is up, since I'm posting here through my computer), and even if the wi-fi was down, this phone has 3G.

That was about an hour ago. I still can't browse the net on my phone.

How common are problems like these? I have thirty days in which I can return this phone and get a new Blackberry instead, and I have to say right now I am FURIOUS and considering taking the thing back today. Somebody please tell me I did not make a mistake in buying this phone? I was really excited to get one, and frankly so far all I am is disappointed.